COVID-19 Safety Update
Providence Grain Solutions is closely monitoring the current COVID-19 situation as it continues to develop, and we want to inform you of the measures that we will be putting into place to handle the situation.
Providence Grain Solutions is closely monitoring the current COVID-19 situation as it continues to develop, and we want to inform you of the measures that we will be putting into place to handle the situation. At Providence, the health and safety our producers, our employees, and our customers is our primary concern. As such, this notice is meant to reassure you that we have measures in place to try to limit the spread of the virus.
We will continue operations at all elevators and our leadership team is closely monitoring the situation.
We are basing our actions and measures on recommendations from the Public Health agency of Canada, as well as any recommendations from Provincial, and Local authorities.
We are taking the following preventative measures in an effort to keep our facilities safe for you, our staff, and our communities:
- On top of regular cleaning protocols our locations will increase cleaning by professional cleaning staff and we have instructed our staff to take proper measures to practice good hygiene by thoroughly washing their hands and using hand sanitizer.
- Providence employees have been asked to stay home when they feel sick, or if they have been traveling outside of Canada in order to ensure the safety of our other staff and producers.
- We have requested that truck drivers remain in their vehicles while delivering grain and not to enter the grading rooms or offices. We will have a member of our staff come to you. An extra measure that we would ask drivers to do is try to bring their own pens, in order to limit people touching the same surfaces as much as possible.
For customers or other visitors to the elevators for any reason, we ask that you follow the procedures that we are implementing listed below:
- Please follow all guidelines posted by the Public Health Agency of Canada, as well as all government authorities.
- Avoid meeting as much as possible with each other and our staff face-to-face. We will continue to be available by phone, text, and email. Please communicate via these channels as much as possible.
- All cheques will be mailed out going forward, we will still be allowing people to directly pick up cheques upon request.
- We will not be allowing anyone outside of our staff into the grading rooms or offices to limit contact in normally public areas. Please call the office or elevator, and a member of our staff will come out to assist you.
Please do not visit our facilities if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Do you currently have flu-like symptoms (i.e., fever, chills, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath)?
- In the last 14 days have you or a member of your family traveled outside of Canada?
- In the last 14 days, have you had contact with someone suspected of or confirmed with COVID-19?
This is a constantly evolving situation that we are closely monitoring to adapt to any changes, which we will continue to share. Going forward, we will continue to base our actions on the recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada to ensure the safety of all involved. We ask for your continued patience and understanding as things continue to change, we can all get through this successfully with everyone’s efforts and cooperation.
If you are unable to deliver your grain because of illness or any related event, please contact us and we will try to work with you to make alternative plans and assist where possible with trucking resources.
Your local elevator team at Providence Grain Solutions